skip to main page content :: Town & Regional Planning Home > Glossary Home > A >
- founded in 1959 as Scottish Georgian Society,
the group adopted its present name in 1984 to reflect its wider interests. Noted for its cases work
which is funded by Historic Scotland and carried out by six regional groups who examine planning
applications. Society acts as pressure group and information service, and publishes good twice
yearly magazines and exellent annual journal.