skip to main page content :: Town & Regional Planning Home > Glossary Home > F >


- a name for any straight-edged board drawn over plaster or render to produce a smooth (floated) surface.
A floating coat is a base coat of plaster or render usually keyed to take a second coat. Sometimes the type of keying for example, diamond pattern, is specified.