skip to main page content :: Town & Regional Planning Home > Glossary Home > S >

Saddled Joints

- sloping of the top surface of a cornice or any projecting member away from the wall face so that water drains away from it rather than into the joints. A saddle cope is a cope which slopes left and right from a high centre.